Skip to main content

#51 Daily Writing Journal: Mo Money Challenge - The 52-week money challenge



I found this challenge on the Budgetnista web site and it sounded interesting. At first I came up with a whole load of excuses not to do it ranging from not having a account, not sure how to do this, time etc etc. Then I found a simpler challenge but a challenge is a challenge so I went back to this.

The 52-week money challenge

Every week I save the week number's cash. Now I'm starting at week 7 so I'm am going to be £21 behind. Note I'm working in GBP or Pound Sterling. I may or not may it up weeks 1 to 21. 

Budgetnista recommends opening up a savings accounts and automating the transfers, and I do too. However for the purposes of blogging  about it, because it's a challenge, I'll be using a tin and once in while I shall make a trip to the bank to make the deposit.

My Savings

Today I saved £7, which meant I've committed this money to the tin. It was all in coins, now going forward there may be a problem with this as the ATM only gives notes - normally in £10 & £20 denominations. My time for catching the banks will be on Saturday - unless I put in coins and swap for coins. Oh, it's so confusing in a way. I guess it's tidier to go with automated transfer for 52 weeks - well less since I started in week seven but there is the drama in that. 


So these are my coins ready to be put in the tin.

52 week money tin
 This is my tin. I found this tin rummaging through my kitchen. I didn't want to use it but decided it was part of the commitment to this blog. I might consider decorating it at some point.  Or I might get a glass tin. It just depends. That is easier to show.

Money in the tin so I guess it until next week. 

Rules

  1. NO DIPPING INTO THE TIN, NOT EVEN FOR CHANGE
  2. TAKING A PICTURE OF THE TIN EACH TIME (OR JAR IF I GET ONE)
  3. SHOWING RECEIPT OF BANKING EVERY TIME I DO ONE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...