Skip to main content

Weelky Round up: Mini Shopping Haul - shoes and coat, ate too much meat, editing crisis but drawing goal is going well!!!

Films & Movies

I was late posting my film review of The Gospel According To Andre, that was more or less about the career of Andre Leon Talley but it seemed a little sad in the end, though. I don't know. Avengers End Game is all sold out and I made the mistake of telling someone I'd probably watch it on DVD. Wrong thing to do to a marvel fan - that is like an HUGE NO NO. But I'm not going to rush and watch it. I did for the last one with Sis and I found it boring, in fact the best actor was the baddie Thanos. Josh Brolin who acted as Thanos in the Avenger: Infinity War brought an empathy to the part the rest of the other actors lacked but I'm kinda over it unless I have to watch it. So don't watch this space. Maybe.

Generally 

Nothing eventful apart from a jumper causing the traffic to be diverted. So basically the diversion would have taken probably the same amount of time to walk, so I walked. Jumper? Someone had decided they had had enough of this life, but luckily was talked out of it. Relief! So all good on that front. It was so stressful. The whole street was cordoned off. Then the next day there was another diversion so I ended up walking about a mile before I got the next bus.

Mini Shopping Haul  




I need to do more walking as now I just sit down for at least eight hour at work and only walk about ten-twenty minutes a day. Not enough. And yes, I have a gym membership but I go when I can. Also I needed proper arch support and the last pair I bought from Clarks I wrote about was rubbing against my heel, and my instep wasn't quite right.  So after foot pain for about two weeks, I decided ask advice for some good walking shoes and  a serious hiker suggested Merrells shoes. I also have flat pumps at work with little support so I decided to get some brogues - so that was my haul.

So the picture. In the upper left hand corner,  I'm wearing a purple job from Mountain-ware, this was on sale and I got an extra 20%.  This isn't for work pe se but just general wear, I don't have any slight spring/summer jackets that fit, so this is ideal. I bought a new light coat for work but wearing it all the time will make it look shabby after while.

Next, to the right is a pair of black Russel & Bromley brogues. These are just for work, I do have a pair of kitten heels  which I wear when I remember but I feel the impact of the heel. Also being a little heavier, I think flats are great.  They are classics, not on sale and therefore what I tend to consider an investment. They just look smart and my feet feel supported.

Finally are the pair of Merrells, these were on sale at Blacks - a UK outdoor shop. No excuse not to go walking anymore, well at least from my feet's point of view.

Too much meat 

I've eaten meat twice this week so I'm feeling a little heavy.  Mother is a vegetarian so I grew up eating mostly vegetarian meals though I do eat meat and poultry occasional. It's just this time, I've had two meat meals in a row which I rarely do. I had a 'home-made' burger from my work cafeteria - home made as in it was actually made in the kitchen rather than processed pre-cut burgers, then the day before then I had a beef burrito. All tasted fabulous but my system isn't used to it. It's the same with chicken, I can't eat too much at a time.

Editing Crisis


It is what it is. I'm going for a romance writer's conference next week so hopefully I'd get some advice on how to deal with this. I've outlined my options but it is what it is. 

Positive notes: Drawing plan is going well!


Yes! My drawings are improving so maybe I should just do the same with writing, apply the same method. 



These are the cats and then a fox and squirrel.  Yes, the plan is on target so I'm pleased with that.


It hasn't been easy but at least it's moving along. So very pleased. This is based on the How to Draw Anything book by Mark Linley, I'll do a review next week since it's going well.

So all's well that ends well....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...