Skip to main content

London Hood: Regent's Park - Avenue Gardens and some of the Broadwalk.


This is mostly filled with pictures more than anything, but not enough to do the park justice. 

Regent's Park is one of the parks, I visit once in a while. There was a time when I used to walk there on early Saturday mornings. It's huge and I have a feeling most users tend to keep to one area of the park. I haven't really got much to say other it's a very nice park, with lots of open spaces. 

There tends to be lots of activities in the summer with an open air theatre, summer food fair, charity races and other events. At times they even had exhibitions or installations around the park.  

I tend to stick to Avenue Gardens which is south if I have my bearings right, I rarely go beyond that bit. However there is also a boating lake and shamefully, I've probably only been to Queen Mary's garden a couple of times but again it depends on your preference/area.

However you can walk towards the London Zoo, though it is probably nearer another entrance. And its very active on Saturdays where hoards of kids practice for football matches or league. It's nuts. When I was younger - like teen and early twenties, I used to attend a lot of summer picnics in this park, especially Avenue Gardens park.


Behind the bushes...I thought of having my characters sneak behind a bush and you know...I'm not so sure given it's cold but probably in summer. So maybe this park will feature in the next one...

This was a blackbird in the Boardwalk.

This is from the broadwalk where most people walk their dogs. The tall tower is the BT tower, another London landmark.
Some ducks looking beyond. At what, I have no idea.


I thought I'd take a picture of my walking shoes. To honest, if I didn't have these, I probably wouldn't have featured the park. 

I feel rather sheepish, I don't set any of my stories in London, it has beautiful locations, then again my fictional USA city is based on London in a way....And some novels are partly set here....such as the one I'm currently stuck on.




It's worth a visit, and there is so much to see, you can even walk to Primrose Hill where you'd probably catch a celeb or two since that's where some of trendy ones live.


More information you can visit the https://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/the-regents-park. I'm thinking maybe I should visit all the royal parks for this blog...maybe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...