Skip to main content

Lost Four Pounds! Attended Pilates! Watched Patricia Bright

On Friday my boss got bored of me talking about my eating plan and how I only used my gym for the spa facilities, so let's just say I forced to put my money where my mouth was and ended up booking five exercise sessions. Yes, hard to believe I've been with my gym for over a year and have NEVER ATTENDED A GYM CLASS. Mainly, because I like the spa and thing food reduction is the way to lose weight also just thinking of exercise exhausts me.

I needed to book them via the website but having never done it, my password failed so I rang, in front of my boss, the gym to book it. Proof. They are mainly low impact classes so nothing too strenuous or so I thought.

Come Saturday, I'm down the gym for my pilates class with all these fit, slim and trendy people. It's a 9AM class so basically like a work day for me. I thought pilates was gentle. Not. I say this having done it for about three years in a dance school - yeah I was once about twenty pounds or ten kilos lighter - and the movements were simple. This was dynamic and I worked up a sweat. There were a number of things or most things I couldn't do. Namely the plank. Really? Let's just say I was talking breathers and breaks for most of it. It was a mixed abilities class so I really lagged behind. I might have to find something else.

I weighed myself before the class and found I'd lost about four pounds from my boring eating plan. I nearly bought a piece of lush carrot cake to celebrate but the cafe was closed so I made do with cherries. The reason why diets are so expensive is because fruit is. Also got some mangoes and yes, I'm having avocados, I don't subscribe to the whole avocado is fat and shouldn’t be eaten when on an eating plan. I still eat it.

After than workout, showered and hit shopping. Did a semi week's shop, and I'll need to cook otherwise it will be jacket potato and I can't face that again. So a large curry. Also Team Christmas lunch is this week.

Afternoon

Nothing much, slept. Yes, that's now how much the pilates tired me out. I went back to bed. Then got up, did some grammar work so I'd have a better handle on my editing. Then I watched Patricia Bright on Youtube. She's sweet, cheerful and watchable. I watch her from time to time. I think I got a catch up email from youtube. A long time ago, during my reality show addiction, I used to watch all the reviews. However she was talking about her cosmetic surgery and expecting - and keeping it private.

I understand because now YouTube is Patrica's job, and not a hobby. She's also blown up as in become increasing popular and successful so now she's a media personality (YouTube and beyond) and therefore is always under public (Youtube and others) scrutiny therefore she needs a private life. She needs to keep clear boundaries between her work and private life.

Comestic surgery is so popular, however I think because she is a YouTube blogger and therefore in the public eye, doing close-up video, after video she noticed it more. She probably always wanted a bigger chest however the nature of her work made it more apparent to her, so she decided to do it. As for expecting - its private. At work sometimes you only know when the person is showing.

Patricia is a hard worker who puts lots of effort and dedication into what she does. Right now she's launching her own hairline, which had been in the pipeline for a while. She's alway been business minded and an entrepreneur at heart so this isn't just out of the blue.

Anyway after that I went to library to try and finish up a segment of the write. It's still going out but I'm also thinking about how to edit or rewrite my books - hence where learning grammar comes in.

Grammar is about clarity. Clarity - depending on what the writer wants, is key to understanding. Normally I use patterns but I want a little more flexibility in writing. Also it helps unders patterns. I guess I also want to be different. Everyone is using the same constructs since they are in the public domain. There are a lots of cheat sheets out there with patterns or words and I want to be a little different. I'm not going to be a grammarian, gosh my previous boss went to Cambridge and studied Linguistics - he must have had a hard time reading my emails. Then again he was a patient dude, however he did once say he had little tolerance for poorly written job applications and CV. Let not even talk about split infinitives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...