Skip to main content

Reveiwing MY 2019 GOALS


I'm reviewing goals posted on the blog nearly a year ago just to see how far I've come. I also did a quarter one review if you are interested see it here https://dabwrites.blogspot.com/2019/03/2019-goals-quarter-1-january-march.html

But these were the goals I posted on the 6th of January.
https://dabwrites.blogspot.com/2019/01/16-daily-writing-journal-short-2018.html

2019 GOALS

1. Get a new role - this is urgent and top priority 

I got my role so that is one I cross off.

2. Publish Leyton and Angelica's story

This is still outstanding and if you've followed my editing journey, you'll know it's been a very rocky road.

3. Do at least three CPD - for career development - I was a bit lax last year because my employer supplied them.

 These are Continuous Professional Development which I need to keep up my skills. I probably have but not in formal way like going to for courses and things.

4. Romance? Maybe. We'll see. I had one in 2017 - not so good. But maybe again.

I decided in the first quarter reveiw not to post too much information about this.

5. Lose another 5-6kg so about 13-15lb. I'm currently 79kg which is roughly about 174 pounds. So I'm looking at becoming about 160 pounds.

It didn't happen for a number of reasons and I'm also slightly heavier.

6. Revise all my creative writing courses exercises & grammar

Yes, that is on-going...

7. If I'm good, maybe treat myself with another writing course.

Well, still did. I did two editing courses, Holly Liste - How to Edit Your Novel which I found wasn't for me, and the Faber one which is still going on.

8. Explore other creative avenues open to me.

Yes, I recently joined a choir and we had two flash mob choir performances.

9. Complete 20 books in my goodreads authors account, and probably 12 in my normal joe-blogs reader's  - no duplicating.

No, I've read a lot of books this year but some I added on to my goodreads, others I didn't bother. 



Overall, not to bad since the most important was achieved with was getting a new role!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...