Skip to main content

Show me your desk! Decluttering in progress



A nearly decluttered desk. Surprise, right? I know and there are reasons but lets roll with the line up. It starts with my faithful MacBook Air - this reminds me I must got to the Apple shop as the screws are coming loose. Never had this with my PC laptop.

Next making an appearance after missing for a while is my desk lamp. Yes, I had house guests so one needed a reading lamp in the bedroom for the the duration of their stay. Now the lamp is back. Underneath the lamp is a piece of card which is a mobile phone top-up voucher. Yes, I have a pay-as-you-go sim, its just convenient.

After that is my calculator, very important in my line of work, which brings me to why the desk is sort of decluttered. I had a very bad cold last week, spent a couple of days in bed, dragged myself to the workplace sniffing, sneezing and feeling stuffed. So I decided it was best to work from home otherwise the journey in would do me no good, and run me into the ground. Plus, it would take longer to recover and throw off the cold. My point? Well, I worked from home and therefore had to have a clear desk. My workplace is larger so to accommodate my office notes etc,  and have a work mindset, it cleared. But after work, the desk reverted back to normal on Saturday.

Next is my pencil case or bag with some index card under it which probably relates to my writing. After  that is an eyeshadow brush - not sure what it's doing there, and finally is a coaster which says 'Everything is Good' with a picture of the thumbs up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...