Skip to main content

Daily Writing Journal - #4 my urban lit African American romance. The cute meet is up next for a rewrite.

I need to be  little more organised. I wrote a bit and wasn't happy. Then I wrote some more and thought, nah. You know the chapter I scrapped?  I read it again and decided to leave it in. How do go organised people write?

Anyway now I'm moving on to the cute meet.  Yes when they finally meet. I'm sure I'll have plenty drafts of this scene. It needs to sizzle. Anyway here is my next synopsis...

So this is my next synopsis written but it isn't going to be a Christmas story though so elements may change. It's the winter is affecting my setting elements. It's cold and lonesome in Forechester city. I've planned a 1000 words a day but that is clearly not happening. I was supposed to finish in March, hmmm we shall see. I may change the elements to summer...

Synopsis 


ANGELICA WASHINGON has plenty of problems and she's not about to make a man one of them! But a steamy night of passion  with the blue-eyed LEYTON THOMAS may change that all.

It's a cold  winter in Forechester City and when things take a turn for the worse, ANGELICA has only a lonesome Christmas to look forward to but LEYTON THOMAS is determined that will not be the case.
 However after a past of turbulent relationships ANGELICA is practically sworn off men. But can she resist falling for the handsome LEYTON THOMAS?

---end---

So what do you think? 

-----------------------------------------------------------
 Check out Bigga Day's books on

Smashwords.com
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/bigga
Apple iBooks
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/bigga-day/id595585425?mt=11
Barnes and Nobles
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/bigga-day
Kobo
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/Search?query=Bigga%20Day&fcsearchfield=Author

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...