Skip to main content

Rainy day, don't talk to colleagues before their morning coffee. Focus on one goal at a time.

It rained. So grey and miserable this morning. And there was traffic. Got the train and yet the normal gripe of idoits not moving down the carriage. Don't get me started. Finally got a seat, read the paper. Got worse when I went to work. Why? I spoke to one of my colleagues in the kitchen before her morning coffee. Thick black coffee - no sugar. Mistake. Big mistake, so I retreated back to my office.

Lunch was find but I ate too much. I think this fasting on lower calories days have shrunk my stomach. I had the full meat with roast potatoes and chocolate sponge cake for pudding. The cake was nice. The meal was nice. But I think I over stretched myself.

My coffee-drinking colleague who is a foundation of wisdom always advised me to do one thing at a time. As you know I have many projects on the go. So today longer after she'd had her morning coffee, she reminded me about it again. Start and finish. So I've decided work on completing a personal goal and put a hold on other projects until that is done.

Heard some posh couple talking about going up the Shard. One in a fine orginal burberry duffel coat was agast that it cost £50 - for him and his partner. His partner was trying to sell it to him saying to was the 'experince' but he wasn't buying it. Basically he wasn't going to pay all the money for a view, experince or no experience. He wasn't keen.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...