Skip to main content

Not going to the gym.Supermarket prices creeping up for Christmas Holiday. Still on 5.2 Diet on the second starving day!

I've never kept a diary or journal. Not a complete one. The last complete one was when I was about 15 years old and was only because everyone else was keeping on. You know the whole 'teenage secret dairy' with lots of hearts with hidden crushes and stuff.

So this is kinda something new. Anywho. Went to work and it was so so. Deadlines coming up. Then I'm on the 2nd of 2 day of 5.2 diet. I'm sure I eat way more than what is allowed. Anyway I had some pititful fruit salad for breakfast. Got that from Sainsburys. Then some bean salad which I had with jacket potato. Got into the whole 'exercise vs diet' debate.

My colleague also gave good advice about shopping online. She's addicted to special offers so says shopping on-line cuts it out. I know that when I used to go to weight watchers, yeah, I did, the leader suggested that helped too.

I dislike exercise  and I know this is fad but so is exercising. I start with an expensive gym membership - which by the way I still have - joined about this time last year. I go a few times then quit. Okay I frequently go for hydropool and steam. Maybe a run now and again but nothing to justify the amount spent on membership.

My boss who is super fit. I mean super fit, says I should walk more. I tend to take the bus to and fro to the train station, she does a brisk walk, swimming and spinning. And other stuff. She's super fit. I once did the gym for a week running but fell out of the routine. I have lots of excuses so no point listing them here. Just fair enough to say, I'm not a gym bunny.

Stayed a bit late and was starving so I had a tinned of sweetcorn, I'd stashed away in the office kitchen cupboard a while ago. I meant to have it with tuna but never got round to opening it.

Came back home. Nothing interesting apart from stupid people who never move down the train carriage. They like to hang at the doors. The most annoying thing is because of these dipsticks I miss out on a seat. Some one who comes in from another door naps the seat before I do. Another grip is when people start getting fidgety or shifty or packing their stuff together before a stop. Normally a sign they are going to get off so I can have a seat. Not. They are people who just do that for the stake of doing it. Annoying.

Still starving I went to my local supermarket to get something to eat. Ended up buying some mangos which have increased by from £2.50 to £2.75. Supermarket prices are creeping up for Christmas. In the Britain the most expensive time to go food shopping is Christmas Eve. Around now everyone starts to slowly hike up prices or do those Christmas specials. Which reminds me my colleague is looking forward to Black Friday shopping. Not that we have that here in the UK, but he's taken off the day. Last year it was a big thing so maybe he'll get a plasma screen for a tenner.


 I actually went to the supermarket for some Edmame beans but they still didn't have any. Got some grapes too. I know out of season but it's either that it breaking this day on some chocolate or huge chunk of bread and better.

My critique partner finished my last chapter with great suggestions. She's been so supportive and had really kept up my motivation and morale when writing this novel. It's nice when it's not just family reading stuff.

So I'm thinking of making into a series and a few spin offs. We'll see. I'm pondering over some so probably might write those at some point, maybe even before releasing this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...