Skip to main content

HAPPY NEW YEAR! HAPPY 2022! My year of decluttering my creativity!

Happy New Year, Everyone!


This was a quiet one, after watching two films last night I called it a night and woke up in the New Year. What films you ask? Guess Who with Bernie Mac, Ashton Kutcher and a lot of cringe worthy jokes. Then I watched Aloha with Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, this was bit better. It had strong moments but I could see why they said it didn't really have any direction. Was it a romance? Was it a military story? It was hard to say what the movie was...a lesson in premise and precision but it gave a nice fluffy feeling and I must say Emma Stone did a brilliant job and so did John Krasinski - he acted with heart. 

However it's a nice film and I learn a lot from it, but I think it would have missed the market because there were too many theme or subplots or whatever. Overall a brilliant cast, great acting but the story struggled with doing too much. 

Decluttering My Creativity 

This year, I'm focusing on decluttering my creativity in the sense of completing works, and cleaning out files and all that stuff. So that is my main goal for this year. I've been on a few conference and not really reviewed the material, yet I have notes and stuff all over the place. I've also got a few books I still need to read. So that sort of decluttering, also tackling what I can of my novel-ideas-in-the-pipeline list. 

2022 Goals

As normal, I'll start off with lots and probably review and narrow down. This is more like a wish-list now I think of it but let's go.... I'm going to focus on the incomplete and outstanding work, also decluttering spaces full of writing notes.

Main Writing Goals

work on old pipeline material
  • Revise & edit draft-in-progress Leyton Blue
  • Complete draft-in-progress Thomas Brother 3
  • Complete draft-in-progress  Noah-K
  • Revise & edit draft-in-progress Owen-W
  • Read all conference notes
  • watch all conference workshop before access is removed

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...