Skip to main content

Weekly Round up: Filming and Litter bugs in Parks, Walking up the West End - Piccadilly Circus, Regent Street, Carnaby Street and Shopping at the Next Sales, Litter & Filming in Parks



Early this week, there was some filming in a park, not sure what it was since I rarely watch TV. I'm either writing, working, reading or on social media. I got out of watching TV when I was studying for exams.

Litterbugs in the Parks 

Why do people insist on putting their rubbish in a full bin without considering the wind would blow i away? Not only that, it's a few yard away is an empty bin. I'm not the litter-police but it's just unsightly because the wind blows rubbish from overflowing bins on the lawns.  What happened to people carrying their rubbish home? I do, or at least to the nearest bin.


Walking up the London West End 

I went to the London West End  twice this week and walked up from Trafalgar Square, up Pall Mall East, Haymarket until I came to Piccadilly Circus, and it is practically a tourist circus. I think it's to do with the weak pound because there just seem a higher influx of tourists.



The pound is very weak, it's practically £ GBP 1 to $ USD 1.2 so I guess it you have the cash now is the time to come to the UK.  And it's practically the same with the Euro so £ GBP 1 to EURO 1.2, and it is expected to fall further. The markets are just sensitive to the political climates so it will be interesting what happens. But in London, it's being tourist galore this summer. Normally the UK is too expensive.



After walking up Regent Street which is now looking a bit shabby, and full of middle-market American brands and Zara - it just looks like a local High Street - only with international's brands - just waiting for a Primark - I mean they already have a Mango.  We were all Pride-ing ourselves ahead of the big parade, as you can see Regent Street coloured its zebra crossing. My workplace had a float and they were given nice water bottles.  Two of my colleagues/co-workers were going on it.

It seems the retail sector  is happy that Pride has a lucrative commercial angle. Celebrating Pride means more SALES! It's a pity Pride didn't copy right the colours scheme or format and then licence it out.  It would have meant more money for some causes that affect the community.

Back to Regent Street  - There are some high-end designer brands still there, Burberry etc but it does look shabby so I can see why folks just flock to other shopping meccas - like Westfield or just sits at home shopping.

Carnaby Street




Then I turned into Carnaby Street, thinking I could use these for my London Hood but that doesn't seem to be going too well at the moment. Any Carnaby Street is just a smaller version of Regent Street with all the American and international brands.


I finally got to Oxford but Marks and Spencers only had forty-five minutes left before closing and I don't like to be rushed since I try on clothes so I decided to come back another day. They too had a lovely Pride display.



Going home, I discovered Next was having a SALE!

Next Sale and Shopping!

Next Sale

On my second trip to the Oxford Street - West End, I decide to pop into Next.  I'm not a Next clothes person, I buy their homeware and I know their sheets last (unlike Debenhams), and I still have their curtains. So I think highly of their homeware. I remember the 5.00am sales was worth it to get matching sheets and my curtains - but that was in a different homeware branch which is now closed.



Not to digress, I decided to pop in and was pleasantly surprised. I tried on a few outfits and they were a good fit.

My Shopping Haul



So I bought a red quilted light jacket, two stripped tops, two light cotton skirts, and those long short jeans!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed. 

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here.