Skip to main content

Mo Money Challenge - Week 23 of 52 Week money Challenge, Big Momma's suggestions, still short of change, and miscounting cash.



No change, though I managed to get hold of two twenty pounds notes, it would have been less if someone had been serving customers behind the till of Itsu - an Far Asian inspired food joint that sells mostly Japanese-ish food for the western appetite. I say Japanese-ish because it's not really Japanese food, just inspired and concoctions.

Anyway I come home sick from work, and decided I needed a nice big pot of steaming ramen but there was no one at the counter, so feeling ill and irritable, I came straight home, therefore not breaking into the two ten pounds note above.

I had no change so another IOU, but for the wrong amount, I guess I lost a pound to the money pot.



Oh, apologies the picture is up side down but money is money, you can still the money pot and notes. I have a family house guest - Big Momma, who seems to have an interest in this money pot and savings business.

So this recently she asked me when I was going to pay up the IOU for last week which was twenty-two pound sterlings. I told her I didn't know. The acknowledgement of debt is there but I don't know, it's not as if the money pot is going to send red letters or bailiffs to my home. Then Big Momma started to give some advice but I stopped her by asking would she pay up for the IOU. She paused in her tracks and basically said no. That was the end of conversation. However she did make her point clear that IOUs where not good practice, I guess the same applies for getting random money challenges off the internet.



After a rest in conversation, Big Momma wanted to know how much was in the money pot. 'How much have you saved?' she asked. 'It must be a lot.' This is what happens when family follow your blog. So reluctantly, I counted out the notes - just the notes not coins - and it came up to about one hundred and seventy five pounds in notes. 'That's not much,' said Big Momma looking vaguely disappointed and I just shrugged. End of conversation. Big Momma is holidaying/vacationing until the end of the of week.

It sounds about right, since I missed the first six weeks and started in week seven, so it will be about twenty-one pounds down. Maybe I should do a tally but it's too much effort, it's bad enough putting money in the pot, now I have to keep a record? Nah...I know this week it will be technically one pound over in IOU.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed. 

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here.