Skip to main content

Tired and it rained.

It was pouring with rain this morning so I had to be careful on the pavement. With all the leaves on the ground it can become slippery. Got in to work. I think on time or before not sure. Did work. Colleague suggested I went on holiday for two weeks soon. I am tired that granted. I do feel drained at times but there is so much going on. I need to plan better. Well not plan, prepare first then plan. She reckons a full break away from everything. So I can slow down. That is what I need. I'm constantly on the go.

Work, work and more work. I need some sun and a change of scenery otherwise it's just duggery.
Not sure when but need to think about it. Even if just a weekend break as a trophy break. I need to think about it or look. I don't mind going to the Costa Dara. This is are some pictures from when I went to Benidorm about four years ago.


This the hotels and resorts on the beach.

From a lookout point on the beach.
The view from my hotel room. It was okayish.

So maybe something like this. I'm taking off Christmas but something sooner. Just to slow down. The thing is after work I'm writing as well so there is no real down time.

Lunch was boring so I had a bagel with ham and tomatoes. However it was another colleague's birthday and she bought a chocolate cake to share. That threw the obesity drive out of the window and I had a few pieces to eat.

Came home. Tube was packed. The DLR was on strike. Got home okay, had a chat with family for a while. Had a brillant critique and edit from my critique pal. She is amazing and so supportive. She is the business.

I have a few work related stuff I need to do. Oh well. Nothing more to say. I've said it all I guess. Now to look for weekend breaks or mini breaks or holidays. I'm yawning now so off to bed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

Problems with revising my novel and adopting the Chuck Wendig Plan of how to revise your novel.

So I'm still struggling with editing my novel. I took some time out to have a break doing other things. One of them was moaning about editing on this blog and other was looking at ways to tell the story. Now I realise the problem with my story is I have nothing to say. It's as simple as that.  I don't really have anything to say give I've completed a novel. To write something you must have something to say - well I don't really. So there lies the problem. You can only revise and edit something if you have an aim in mind. All I want is just to complete the novel which I have. So maybe now I just have to figure what the novel is about. So I discovered Chuck Wendig a novelist and games designer  ( Terrible Minds blog ) who swears like a trooper in his blog however has given freely valid and great advice on how to edit a novel. His post called How To Karate Your Novel And Edit That Motherfucker Hard: A No-Foolin’ Fix-That-Shit Editing Plan To Finish The Goddamn Jo...