Skip to main content

Weekly Journal: Blog Review, Big Momma coming to stay, Drama & Bad Etiquette at offline meet-up film club and other things


Blog Review

I just felt it was time since it was getting a bit time consuming and I was running out of material.

Big Momma coming to stay

I'm going to be having visitors at the end of the week so I need to do a through cleaning and also do a few chores I've been delaying. I also need to sort out my drawers and wardrobe or closets as called in the US. I think I might use my planning tool for that. Cleaning sounds simple but it's very easy to procrastinate. 

Limiting Social Media

Over the last year or so, I've been engaging on writing forums or critiquing, mainly because I was bored. This worsen when I got a bigger phone. Bigger phone means bigger display so I was always on it. But I was getting tired. Very tired and I realised it was from engaging because writing on forums is very active especially if it's a heated debate, or I want to bring across a point clearly.  I ended up spending a lot of time of posting, reading and engaging but with little benefits. I think there is is a need to be right....we want to be right...also the fear of missing out. 

So with my new job, I was getting tired especially since it's more intense than my former role. I also have to commute to work. At first I thought it was because I was a lot fatter but I realised it was basically hanging out on the social media - facebook and my writing site. Sometimes twitter though I'm not too active. I'm not that active on Instagram only once in a white. 

So I decided to log my time on social media last Sunday. The blogging is fine since I'm writing, so that took about a couple of hours - this includes looking at my course materials. However when I looked at how much time I spent online on the forums or getting distracted it was HOURS. I'm too ashamed to admit how much. Then I did a rough estimate of how much time I spent on a week day...too much. So I've cut that down. At first it was hard but I'm getting used to it. Also no one notices so not a big deal. 

Saying that, I am active in a few groups so I interact with those but not to get too distracted  on the main forums like I used to do.

Drama & Bad Etiquette at offline meet-up film club

It's one of my aims to build a wider network of friends and be sociable, so I joined a meet up film group mainly watching black films and documentaries. It was also a way to get more objective films/movies for my blog. Fine. There is this movie called Little. So I RSVP for the event and I buy my ticket. Right thing! No, wrong. The group leader decides to call me out in PUBLIC, saying I was on the waiting list and shouldn't have BOOKED my ticket. She could have sent a direct message, DM, but no it was public shaming to show she was in control. This is public cinema with plenty of seating.

So I was fine, not a big deal. I told her thanks for letting me know, and I wouldn't be joining the group. Mind you, cinema tickets aren't  cheap especially on a Saturday evening.  These tickets are un-refundable so I decided to go anyway however when I picked up my ticket, I decided to leave it. The point was to be sociable and meet new people, going to the cinema was just the means of doing that. 

Then I thought if someone can behave in such an obnoxious and controlling way online to a stranger do I really want to deal with her in real life? Someone pointed out there will be nice people and I could join them. Yes, it's also about dignity and self respect. After she called me out rudely in public, I could hardly go up to the group at the cinema just incase of drama. Even if there was no drama the mood was spoilt. And no matter how nice the others were, it was this obnoxious lady's group. She was the leader, so I just went for nice sushi meal and went home.  Sour experience there, very sour. 

Week in general 

I'm settling well into my new role but I guess I'll know in about six months. It's really about six months to a year generally before one settles in to know the routine and cycles etc. I have some objectives to deliver so I'll plan for those. But generally work is work...

Not good social-wise. I had one cancelation for Friday drinks, and for my alternative event the bus never turned up. I was waiting for about thirty minutes before deciding not to do. It was about an hour away by bus, the quicker by train but there was some awkward walking distance. However on Saturday, I realised that the bus route had changed and it hadn't being updated. So it was really in vain. 

So nothing really interesting going on - its really just being work, home, work then some cancelled social events. And trying to write.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed. 

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here.