Skip to main content

#45 Daily Writing Journal: Feeling a lot better, Grocery Care packages from Family, trying to get over the Fear of Missing out, Spin Off for my urban African America Novels.

Feeling a lot better but still in bed


I think the worse is over but I probably shouldn't overdo it. The problem is mostly not resting. Being online, even though it's just surfing and catching up on social media is still like work. I might as well be at a desk. So reducing that has been very difficult because of the Fear of Missing Out. Also not working means just more time for social media but I'm revising that stance.

As I said with this nasty series of colds, my focus for this year shall be looking after myself and surroundings.

Normally illnesses give us time to reflect but with social media we are still working in a way. There is no break from the outer world.

Grocery care packages drop off from family

Food package from family

My family dropped off lots of stuff for me. Fruits, vitamin C , orange juice, avocados, soups. For the first two days my mother took charge, then yesterday my sister dropped off a massive shop from Waitrose. Big Momma did combination of Waitrose and Sainsbury's but Sis was Waitrose and Planet Organic all the way. Plus some vitamins - see the Source of Life, against it is the vitamin C. I'd told her that Big Momma had already got me some Vitamin C, but there is no arguing with Sis. I need to take it because she will be checking up on me.



I asked for non-diary milk. Anyway this is all the food I got in the Family food care packages, There is some more. The Planet Organic was a large bowl of rice and cauliflower curry from my Sis, which meant I didn't have to cook. Some split in the bag. Not the neatest picture but I'm not a food blogger.

 Trying to get over the Fear of Missing

I spend too much time online, mostly hanging out in groups and I feel I need to pull back from there. The issue is that social media is 24/7 since people are all over the world so for example, when I was really ill, I could take an hiatus from friends, and rest and recover but not really social media unless someone cut my broadband off. 

It's also got worse because my phone has a bigger screen so I'm on it a lot.  I did cut it down to a few hours - about two until I felt really ill. 

Spin off stories for my urban African America Novels

While I couldn't do much, I came across the idea for who short stories or novellas. One would be from characters in Another Chance and another in Leyton and Angelica. The first will be a romance but I'm not sure about the second. The second is a bit of an icky situation so I'll have to see. However this depends on how much work I need to do on my next editing lesson.

I also have a few other idea, my mind goes into creative overdrive when I'm ill.  Urban Fantasy anyone? I have an incomplete one. There are a couple of short story competitions I'm thinking of entering. I've only ever entered one and that was years ago but someone said it was good practice for writing.

https://thecwa.co.uk/debuts/short-story-competition the closing date is 28 Feb. I've never completed a crime story before though I've tried a number of time. I'm no good at twists. 

https://www.writersandartists.co.uk/competitions closing date 13 Feb. I might send an old story - not overly old as it was written last year, it's a really good one. Yeah, I'm rolling with that.

I guess I can only try...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here. 

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed.