Skip to main content

Daily Writing Journal - my urban lit African American romance. - #14 Progress - but need to space out the time. New Synopsis

Wow! I did some writing but I suspect it's much harder because of the expectations I have for myself. Writing for publication means I need to hit a minimum standard so I'm going to work at it. Really work at it.

Right now I'm still in the club so maybe it will have to be a scene a week. I have 60 scenes. This means it will take me over a YEAR! OH my! OVER A YEAR but I want to write something decent.

I guess it's looking at things realistically. Work is 7-to-5 averaging about 35-40 hours a week. Then travel time so basically in the day I probably only have about an hour free for writing. All writing.

This doesn't take into consideration other stuff. So an hour a day. I need to set this time. Weekends I have probably do about two hours so in total I have about 9-10 hours a week to commit to writing or free time.  What if I have other things I want to do?  Okay keep this blog update at 15 minutes only. Which means no prep, no thing.

But with quality writing (for me), I also need to do practice drills to keep the craft up. This include plotting, description and characterisation plus scene planning.

WHAT TIME? I need to LOCK myself down to a TIME....I'll try evenings 7.30pm to 8.30pm unless I have an evening event then I'll do something in the morning.  I always feel a bit restricted tying myself down to a time but it's only a target and it can be flexed. Once I meet the hour a day.

NO SOCIAL MEDIA! This is going to be hard - but needs must. I need to write something I'll be okay publishing. Maybe I can do a Saturday morning catchup?

Let's roll with the synopsis. I've been a bit slack with that at present.

Synopsis

Everyone wants someone special but ANGELICA WASHINGTON thinks not her.  She's already got 99 problems and does need a man hit the big 100.  But after a one night stand with fine-looking LEYTON THOMAS, does ANGELICA have enough to resist his charm?


-----------------------------------------------------------
 Check out Bigga Day's books on

Smashwords.com
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/bigga
Apple iBooks
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/bigga-day/id595585425?mt=11
Barnes and Nobles
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/bigga-day
Kobo
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/Search?query=Bigga%20Day&fcsearchfield=Author

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here. 

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed.