Skip to main content

Weekly update: Music at South Bank Centre's Tonic Friday, family bereavement, bees buzzing away,Self indulgence

Music at South Bank Centre's Tonic Friday 


I'm a regular visitor as the Southbank Centre after work so I can do some writing, and every Friday they have a free music session called Tonic Friday. I caught a young man rapping last week, this time it was a jazz singer. I heard her during the sound check and stayed a while for the performance, it was very good.

My Aunt passed away yesterday.

Big Momma received tragic news that her sister passed away, it was very unexpected, so it been a strange weekend.  

Bees buzzing away


It's been a good summer for the bee population, I hope it is the local population rather than migrant bees.  I took this picture of the honey bees at work, outside Big Momma's home. With this said I've only seen a bumble bee about twice in my life, the rest of honey bees. It's a bit like the red vs grey squirrel. I've only seen a red once.

Self indulgence 


I've visited my favourite bakery shop called Cook and Konditor but apparently has now changed it's name to just Konditor. Interesting, maybe a silent protest of Brexit? It says it's rebranded to focus since Konditor means 'baker' in german. However this was done a year ago in 2018 but I doubt anyone noticed. I just happen to look down at the bag and saw the name was different. The distinctive purple colours of the shops haven't changed nor have the cake displays. 

My Knee



I probably mentioned my aches and pains so I've been given a series of exercise and modern technology is really good because I was also given an app. However it's been difficult to do them everyday, especially the wall slides gluteal bias - yes I copied the title from the screen shot. Maybe I should cut down on the sets.

I can also record my attendance and pain level. I have a follow-up appointment in a few weeks, so I better start doing them regularly. The simplest are the heel raises and knee flexion, though I did get extreme cramp in one session. The wall is tedious and the chair one is just a lose-weight-call-to-action. It's a reminder I need to drop some pounds, actually lots of pounds.

Progress on the Novel

This has been going well, I'm doing a read through and then preparing for the next draft.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Had coffee with a fellow writer, went to an exhibition on West Africa: Word, Symbol, Song at the British Library.

There was a massive Disney Christmas tree at St Pancras Station.  I thought I'd start with that picture. Implemented Accounting Guru Genius (AGG)  method this morning. I mentioned yesterdays she showed me her way of planning. Well it's kinda like project management critical path and working back but in AGG's way.  Well the results where what I sort of knew but it's official. I do too much. I've got so much on that I have make very slow progress with anything then end up procrastinating. So I really need to learn and get this planning and time management method under my belt. The only reason is that it's kinda the only thing I actually got. When AGG first did it, I was amazed. It was so impressive. I kinda forgot about it but it's coming up to the end of the year, and I've made great progress with some goals and projects but others are still hanging. Anyway after putting in all my hours I realised I only had a certain amount of free time. Not a...

The Scale (Martha's Way 1) by Mika Jolie

  This is one of the of the best romances I've read in a LONG TIME. I loved it! It's brilliant and even writing a review will not give it justice, but I'll try. Just get it because it's that good, positive and uplifting with a good ending. It’s also funny at times. About the story Most women (or me) can all relate to Minka, the main female character, who like most of us, defines herself by her flaws/issues - a few pounds overweight, insecurity about her body, confidence issues (which thanks goodness doesn't stop her from jumping into bed with Jason) and loves her glass of wine with a nice dessert, and likes to feel sorry for herself at times. And she is supposedly in love with an old college crush - the one she thinks that got away (you’ll need to read the book for more details). So we can all relate to her in one way or another, including her stubbornness in clinging to those issues and using them as an excuse not to get on with her life or even make the way...

My Father's Tears and Other Stories by John Updike

Great stories and some really touching. Most were very real so it more a study of human nature and how people grew older. He probably wrote these towards the latter part of his life because the average age of the characters mostly male were about 60 odd years old.