Skip to main content

WEEK 52 of the 52 week money challenge! YES! I MADE IT!!! £52 IN THE POT!!


Happy Holidays! This was touch and go because Christmas is an expensive time, and I wasn't sure if to put in a final IOU but I thought it was good to end on positive note for the year. So I get the cash together from my bank accounts. 

I'm posting this earlier in the week - basically week 52 - because I have other stuff to do, like buy Christmas presents - I tend to be late.  I guess it's probably a good time to do a final review. 

Review of 52 week money challenge

This challenge is based on saving money 52 weeks of the year, but the caveat is you save the according to the week number. So in the first week of the year £1 or $1 is saved and this increases as the year goes on until the final week of the year - week 52.

What's good about it 

1. It highlights saving. So as result, I did review my 'proper savings' plan which is a regular amount each month. 

2. It is fun to start with!

3. It simple to understand.

What's not so good about it!

After the first few weeks it can get quickly expensive to do this saving. At times, I couldn't afford it or I have a fair amount of IOU or debt notes in the money jar.

It also gets boring and tedious trying to remember each week to put the money away - I forget some weeks and others I lacked the motivation, especially towards the end. I only stuck with it because I was blogging about it. 

Putting money in a jar isn't the safest way to save money - it's too accessible. It can be stolen, or you can use it in casual emergencies, borrow from it intending to payback etc. 

Lessons and Takeaways

I need to point out, I'm not qualified to give financial advice so please contact your bank or any qualified financial advisor. 

It's better to have regular savings, a constant amount each month that goes into a savings accounts, than messing about with it. You can do it automatically by bank transfer if your bank/savings society  offers that facility.  Like most things, it's best to do this when you get paid or your paycheque/check, so you feel it less. 

Some people stipulate a set amount each month but I just think it needs to be something the saver is comfortable with and can afford. 

If you can't afford any savings, I'd suggest a token amount could be as little as a pound or dollar but the caveat/warning is whenever you have any spare cash lying around just sweep it into the account. 

At times when I was in between jobs, I'd take a savings holiday because I couldn't afford it,  but as soon as I got a job, I would start off again. 

Overall it was an interesting and tediously experience. 

I shall be counting the cash at some point and doing a blog post when I do.

Thank you. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here. 

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed.