Skip to main content

Weekly Update - Missed entries due to long break, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater at Sadlers Well, Local supermarket refurbished and moved stuff around, September Writing Report,

Missed entries due to long break

I missed my desk because I was on away on a break. I did toy with using the one in the hotel but I forgot Monday was check-out day. Then I forgot the money bit, so I'm lagging behind a week now. I owe a decent sum to the money jar now.

Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater at Sadlers Well



I was treated to a ticket by Big Momma, and I went to see the show. I'm not into dance per se, and I like performances to have strong narrative directions rather than just dance, otherwise I just get bored. Like really bored.

They had some really good dancers in the company and some who could barely sustain positions. Okay, though I don't go to the dance performances, I used to go for classes, and my mother -Big Momma - used to be a professional dancer and then taught ballet  - so I know a bit of the art form.

They got a standing ovation from people, lots of cheers and shouts, but I felt the narrative directions of the dances could have been stronger, and perhaps some of dancers could take yoga to sustain the positions. We weren't allowed to take pictures during the performance.

 Local supermarket refurbished and moved stuff around



My local Waitrose had moved things around so it's hard to navigate the space for a quick shop.  They have also bizarrely moved the alcohol section next to the exit, so an easier exit strategy for those who decide to help themselves especially when the shop is very busy. Maybe they think the sales will offset (absorb) the thefts. 

Catching up on Professional Development - CPD


My professional membership body has a CPD programme so after qualifying a few years ago, I fell out going for the events. Normally I used to go once a month, however something that confused me was the CPD. So finally they had a talk about it, and I know how to do it -hopefully.

Apparently I should be proactive rather than reactionary so I'll try and figure out what I need, and I need to focus on development. Oh dear...now let's talk writing.

September Writing Report: Finally Applying for a Faber Course

After battling with my Leyton story line, I've decided to apply for a place on the Faber course. It takes about two weeks to hear from them after the closing date, which was extended to today, Sunday. There are about 12 places on the course, and it's located in London.

It's hard to find thorough reviews about creative courses nowadays. You'd think the internet would be buzzing with reviews but no. You have to know people, otherwise you are just taking a leap in the dark. The problems is sometimes you land and other times you don't. I've had a big miss with a popular course that good reviews from most people. 

Hopefully, if I do get a place this will work out better. But I'll hear in about two weeks time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here. 

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed.