Weekly Goal Plan to lose weight with Steps and Potential Risk Areas and Pitfalls.
So with this goal, I figured a needed a plan or steps. I’ve started with working backwards - it’s like working destination first and then how to get there. Then I worked out the potential pitfalls and risk areas.
Steps Work from Goal Plan
- On Sunday, weigh myself at Virgin Active aim to be 81kg - yes still keeping with the one pound target.
- Sunday morning walk to Virgin Active to get weighed - and have a nice hot tub and steam room.
- Walk up stairs for a week instead of taking the lift/elevator
- Walk to up a hill after work at least three times a week.
- Do twenty minutes light cardio at least three times a week - sheduled - Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Avoid deserts at work all week, and no cakes or pastries at the weekend either.
- Plan lunches and dinners in advance - at least a day ahead.
Risk Areas and Potential PitfallsThese are potential obstacles and barriers to achieving my weight loss - at least so I'm aware of them in advance. Most of them are based on my moods at the time, and are pretty much the different versions of the same thing.
- Working late and getting too tired to cook or make anything - this tends to lower my resistance as I pick up stuff on the way home - normally a reduced price bakery products or eating a sugar laden cereal .
- Working under pressure or feeling under pressure to deliver - I normally have a chocolate bar or something sweet.
- Getting too tired after work so I just literally forget the plan or bypass it getting upset so I just get what I want instant gratification if something nice is on display 'This-time-won't-matter' mindset.
- Feeling 'this-is-a-once-in-a-while' treat I can't let go
- Supermarket reducing really expensive pastries at the end of day
- Bored with eating healthily or just generally boredom
- Feeling as I'm depriving myself or going without when I just want to eat what I want
- Not actually planning meals or following the plan
- Feeling the goal is unimportant in the short term and I can start tomorrow.
- Buying sugary cereal!
- Giving in to temptation.
- Eating late at night. Like super late - however this also ties in with working late. There is cascading effect on some things.
Check-ins?I haven't figured this one yet. So simple but still a lot. Perhaps just a review at the end with lessons learnt. To be fair this will be an on-going goal until I get to a reasonable weight - basically fit into my old clothes again.
See you later
Check out Bigga Day's books on
Barnes and Nobles