What am I reading? The Good Doctor by Damon Galgut.





Beautifully written prose. The words glide off the page. As for the story - well it's a story about two worlds  past and the present colliding with a few hidden depths.

Galgut is what I'd call a fine writers who pulls no punches in his narrative. Nothing is out of bounds for him - he's pretty fearless and truthful. Sometimes it can be an uncomfortable read but nonetheless it is a truth.

Personally, I'm one for happy endings and escapism fiction so after a while despite his writing I stopped reading when I saw how things were going.

As I said I like happy ending rather than studying human nature. It is as Christopher Hope writing a review in the guardian gives a longer outline and as he concludes 'Damon Galgut has written a lovely, lethal, disturbing novel.' Another word is haunting. Check out his review.


Christopher Hope
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2003/sep/20/featuresreviews.guardianreview17

##
Read my work on Smashword.com and I write as Bigga Day. http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/bigga


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elvenar - playing the fantasy game.

Weekly update. Verdict on Check It movie, lack of black male role models and normal boring stuff. Oh and I'm still fat.

Doing product reviews and sharing things I love like or maybe even hate!